Walnut Creek Car Accident Attorney
Dealing with a car accident case is not easy. You may have debilitating injuries that are taking up most of your focus. This may also be your first time navigating California’s car accident laws as an injured crash victim. No matter what your situation looks like, Milanfar Law Firm, PC can help. As attorneys for accident victims as well as defendants and insurance companies, we are uniquely prepared to handle your case. Find out how we can help you by discussing your case with a Walnut Creek car accident lawyer for free today.
Why Choose Our Car Accident Lawyers in Walnut Creek
- We are reputable attorneys in California with more than 20 years of car accident case experience.
- Your car accident attorney will tailor your legal experience for your unique needs.
- We use cutting-edge technology to show the impact that car accidents have on victims.
- Our Walnut Creek personal injury lawyers know how to get real results, even if this means taking a car crash case to trial.
- We never forget that personal injury law is about people. This sets us apart from other firms.
How a California Trial Lawyer Can Help
Hiring an attorney in California to represent you can make the entire legal process easier for you and your family, from accident investigation to a personal injury trial. A litigator with trial experience can help you build a stronger case and go up against powerful adversaries. At Milanfar Law Firm, PC, our attorneys can help you tell your story in a real and human way during your car accident case to achieve the best possible results. We will deal with case negotiations while you concentrate on picking up the pieces and moving forward.
What to Do After Car Accident in Walnut Creek, CA
Knowing what to do after a car crash is important as a victim. Going to a hospital right away, for example, can diagnose an injury that may have otherwise gone untreated. Although the aftermath of a car accident in Walnut Creek can be chaotic and overwhelming, do your best to remember to take these steps:
- Stop and assess. Pullover near the scene of the car accident and move your disabled vehicle out of the road. Assess yourself and others involved in the crash for injuries.
- Report the crash. Call 911 immediately to report the car accident. Do not admit fault for the collision to the police or other driver.
- Speak to other parties involved. Get the other driver’s name and insurance information, as well as a description of the vehicle and eyewitness names.
- Take pictures. Document the car accident, if you can, by taking pictures and videos with your smartphone before you leave the scene.
- Get medical care. Go to a hospital in Walnut Creek without delay for professional medical treatment. Keep copies of your medical records.
- File an insurance claim. Call the other driver’s insurance provider to report the accident right away. Follow the insurer’s directions for filing a claim.
- Contact a car accident attorney. Before you accept any insurance settlement for a car accident, discuss your rights with a lawyer.
As an injured car accident victim, a car insurance company will look to see if you did everything that you should have to mitigate your losses and bring a valid claim to benefits. Taking the appropriate steps can give you a better advantage during your car accident case.
Common Causes of Car Crashes in Walnut Creek
California is a fault-based car insurance state. This means that after a collision, the driver or person who is at fault for the crash must pay. Before you can file an insurance claim, you must determine the cause of your accident. Car accidents are often traced back to human error and negligence. Common examples include:
- Driving under the influence
- Violating traffic laws
- Failing to yield
- Running through intersections
- Following too closely
- Distracted driving
- Making unsafe lane changes
If another driver caused your Walnut Creek car accident, his or her car insurance company must pay for the crash. However, if a roadway defect such as a pothole contributed to the crash, you may be able to hold the government responsible instead. An attorney can help you determine the cause of your car accident.
Collecting fair and full financial compensation for a car accident can help you pay your bills and move forward. No amount of money can reverse your injuries, but a fair settlement can help your family pay for future necessary medical costs. Although each case is unique, the types of compensation available for a personal injury claim remain the same from case to case. They include:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional injuries
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
There is no such thing as an average car accident settlement. The amount that one crash victim receives may not reflect the value of your injury claim. It is important to discuss the value of your case with an attorney before saying yes to a settlement offer. At Milanfar Law Firm, PC, we use proven legal tactics to achieve the best possible results for each client.
We Will Give Your Car Accident Case an Edge
Our law firm is unique in many ways that can help you build a stronger car accident case in Walnut Creek. First, we focus on the client. We know that crash victims need mental peace to focus on getting their lives back together. This is why we step in to work on legal issues for them. Second, when it comes to collecting maximum financial compensation, we lean on technology. Attorney Shahrad Milanfar is at the forefront of the use of iPads in trial presentations to effectively tell his clients’ stories. Third, as lawyers for both sides of a personal injury case, we can put our unique experience to work for you.
Speak to a Walnut Creek Car Accident Lawyer Today | Free Case Reviews
If you’ve recently been injured in a car accident in Walnut Creek, California, our team of trial attorneys can help. We have experience with all types of motor vehicle accident cases. We understand how they work, inside and out. We will help your family get through this difficult time and return to normal life as much as possible. Learn more about how our car accident lawyers can assist you. Contact Milanfar Law Firm, PC at (925) 433-6003 or by sending us a message online for a free case consultation.