Oakland Bedsores Lawyers
Bed sores, often referred to as pressure ulcers, can lead to significant long-term health complications for individuals. These often affect the elderly, disabled, and infirmed. Bed sores are preventable, and they are often caused by the careless or negligent actions of medical professionals and caregivers. At Milanfar Law Firm, PC, we are here to help if you need an Oakland bedsores lawyer by your side. We know how to handle these types of cases when working to recover compensation for victims of negligence.
Turn to Milanfar Law Firm, PC for Assistance
- At Milanfar Law Firm, PC, we have proudly served the Oakland area for more than 20 years, assisting injury victims with their claims to recover compensation from negligent parties.
- We handle bedsore claims in Oakland on a contingency fee basis, which means clients and their families do not have to worry about paying legal fees until after we recover compensation for their losses.
- We believe in putting the client first in all cases, which means we will never rush to obtain a quick settlement. We want to help you every step of the way.
Bedsores Often Occur Due to Caregiver Negligence
Data from the National Council on Aging indicates that approximately one out of every ten Americans over the age of 60 have experienced some type of elder abuse. What many people do not realize is that the development of bedsores is an indicator of neglect or even willful abuse by a nursing home employee or a caregiver.
Information from the Cleveland Clinic indicates that bed sores happen in individuals who have been immobile for long periods of time, such as those who use a wheelchair or are bedridden. Bed sores can lead to larger wounds and cause severe, life-threatening infections. Estimates are that approximately 2.5 million individuals develop bed sores every year in this country, and they are most likely to affect the buttocks, heels, hips, tailbone, ankles, back, and any other areas where Bony parts of the body come into direct contact with a bed or chair.
Bed sores are preventable. Caregivers should regularly help individuals change positions if they are in a bed. The skin should be cleaned regularly, and caregivers should look for any changes in color to the skin or tenderness or numbness on their patient’s body. Proper nutrition and hydration help prevent bed sores, as does keeping the skin dry.
Can You Recover Compensation for Bedsore Injuries
Individuals may be able to recover compensation if they sustain bed sores caused by the negligence of a caregiver or nursing home. This compensation can include both economic and non-economic damages, such as the following:
- Coverage of medical care needed to treat the bed sores
- Payment for any necessary changes with in-home or institutional care
- Physical pain and suffering damages
- Emotional and psychological pain and suffering damages
Call an Oakland Bedsore Injury Attorney Today
If you or somebody you care about has developed bed sores due to the careless or negligent actions of a medical provider or caregiver in the Oakland area, reach out to the team at Milanfar Law Firm, PC for assistance as soon as possible. We understand medical malpractice and nursing home negligence claims, and our team will conduct a complete investigation into your case. Our goal is to help ensure that you receive the compensation and care you need after going through this type of neglect. When you need an Oakland bed sores lawyer, you can reach us for a free consultation of your claim by filling out our contact form or calling us at (925) 433-6003.