Oakland Slip and Fall Lawyer
Slip and fall injuries are more than just a nuisance – they can lead to significant medical and out-of-pocket expenses. At Milanfar Law Firm, PC, we are here to help if you need an Oakland slip and fall lawyer by your side. We have extensive experience handling complex injury claims throughout California, and we know what it takes to help clients recover the compensation they need to get through this. Let us get to work investigating your claim and handling the insurance carriers today.
Choose Milanfar Law Firm, PC for a Slip and Fall Claim
- At Milanfar Law Firm, PC, we have a team of dedicated personal injury attorneys that have more than 20 years of experience handling complex injury claims throughout California.
- We handle Oakland slip and fall claims on a contingency fee basis, which means clients will never worry about legal fees until after we recover compensation for their losses.
- We firmly believe that the client deserves open communication throughout the entirety of their case, so we are always here to answer questions for you.
Slip and Fall Injuries and Causes
According to information available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we can see that more than 800,000 individuals are hospitalized each year as a result of a fall injury. Most often, these hospitalizations are the result of a hip fracture or a head injury caused by the fall. Out of these incidents, around 300,000 elderly individuals are hospitalized due to hip fractures. Other common injuries caused by a slip and fall incident include bone fractures, dislocations, lacerations or puncture wounds, spinal injuries, traumatic brain injuries, whiplash, etc.
However, slip and fall injuries can affect individuals of any age and in just about every location. This can include stores, government buildings, private residences, public parks, and more. Some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents in the Oakland area include:
- Wet floors caused by leaks or spills
- Uneven or bunched-up floor mats
- Loose or uneven floors
- Objects in pedestrian pathways (such as merchandise, electrical cords, etc.)
- Inadequate lighting
- Loose Pavement Or Gravel
Compensation for a Slip and Fall Claim in Oakland
Individuals who sustain slip and fall injuries caused by the negligent actions of property owners should be able to recover a range of types of compensation. Our accident attorneys work diligently to recover both economic and non-economic damages on behalf of every client we assist. This includes recovering compensation for:
- All hospital bills relating to the slip and fall accident
- Any follow-up medical visits and medical care necessary
- Prescription medications, medical devices, and rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages if a victim is unable to work
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
How Much Time Do I have to Sue for a Slip and Fall Accident in Oakland?
In California, slip and fall cases are governed by specific deadlines referred to as “statutes of limitations.” Within two years from the date of the accident, victims are required to file a lawsuit with the court. However, if the claim involves a government entity, it is necessary to provide notice of intent to sue within six months. Once these deadlines, either for notification or the statute of limitations, have passed, it may no longer be possible to seek legal compensation or hold the property owner or government agency accountable. Therefore, it is of utmost importance to promptly file your slip and fall claim in order to protect your rights and pursue potential compensation.
Call an Oakland Slip and Fall Accident Attorney Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a slip and fall incident caused by the negligence of a property owner in the Oakland area, turn to the team at Milanfar Law Firm, PC for help today. We want to make sure that you are properly cared for by all parties involved, and this involves standing up to the insurance carriers responsible for paying out compensation. Let us help make sure your slip and fall case is treated fairly. When you need an Oakland slip and fall lawyer, you can reach us for a free consultation of your claim by filling out our contact form or calling us at (925) 433-6003.