Oakland Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyer
Accidents involving Uber or Lyft vehicles do happen in the Oakland area, but individuals often struggle to receive compensation after sustaining injuries or property damage. At Milanfar Law Firm, PC, we are here to help if you need an Oakland Uber or Lyft accident lawyer by your side. We understand what it takes to challenge aggressive insurance carriers and recover the compensation you need. Let us get to work on your behalf today.
Choose Milanfar Law Firm, PC for Your Rideshare Accident Claim
- At Milanfar Law Firm, PC, we firmly believe in putting the clients first in every case that we take. You will always have access to your attorney for continuous and updated information.
- We have an extensive track record of success handling complex vehicle accident claims throughout California, and we know what it takes to secure compensation.
- We handle Uber and Lyft accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means clients pay no legal fees until after we secure compensation for their losses.
How Expensive is an Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer?
One major concern individuals have after an Uber or Lyft accident is how they will afford an attorney. However, at Milanfar Law Firm, PC, we handle rideshare accident claims on a contingency fee basis. This means that clients will not have to worry about paying any legal fees until after our team successfully recovers the compensation they need. The final legal fee will be a previously agreed-upon percentage of the settlement or jury verdict.
In the event our team does not win the case, clients will pay absolutely nothing. This type of fee arrangement reduces the financial risk taken on by the plaintiff, and we are happy to do so on behalf of the client.
What Are The Risks of Uber or Lyft Drivers?
There are several risks that could increase the likelihood of an accident occurring when you use an Uber or Lyft to get from point A to point B. Just like any other driver on the roadway, rideshare drivers can make mistakes that lead to accidents. Some of the most common causes of Uber and Lyft accidents include the rideshare driver:
- Operating while fatigued
- Failing to follow traffic laws
- Not stopping at a stop sign or stop light
- Operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Operating while distracted by their phone or another device
- Following other vehicles too closely
- Improperly turning or changing lanes
Not every ride your accident will be the fault of the Uber or Lyft driver. Like any vehicle accident, there may be multiple liable parties, or another driver altogether could be responsible for the incident. Accidents could also be caused by roadway defects, inclement weather, vehicle defects, poor roadway designs, and more.
Who Is Liable for an Uber or Lyft Accident?
There may be various parties who could be held liable for an Uber or Lyft accident. Each case is different, and an attorney will need to conduct an extensive investigation in order to determine which party or parties should be held responsible for the incident. Some of the possible liable parties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Uber or Lyft driver
- Uber or Lyft, if they failed to adequately conduct background checks or safety checks on the driver
- Other drivers involved in the accident
- Municipal agencies, if a roadway defect caused the incident
- Auto companies or auto parts manufacturers, if a faulty vehicle or part caused the incident
How Much Compensation is Available?
Compensation after a rideshare accident could come from the rideshare driver’s insurance carrier(s) or through an insurance claim or lawsuit against another party altogether. One of our experienced Oakland personal injury lawyers can help file a claim.
Both Uber and Lyft do provide supplemental and total insurance policies to their drivers, but the insurance kicks in on a tiered basis depending on the activity of the driver at the time the collision occurred. Individuals harmed due to the careless or negligent actions of another party in a rideshare accident should be able to recover the compensation needed to pay:
- Emergency medical bills
- Any ongoing medical or rehabilitation costs
- Prescription medications or medical devices
- Lost wages
- Property damage expenses
- Various household out-of-pocket losses
How Long Do I Have To File an Uber or Lyft Accident Claim?
Individuals who sustain injuries caused by an Uber or Lyft driver should file their claim as soon as possible. The personal injury statute of limitations in California is two years from the date an injury occurs. Rideshare accident victims have a two-year window with which to file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent party, and failing to do so will likely lead to a dismissal of the claim altogether.
In addition to this statute of limitations, the insurance carriers involved in a rod shear claim will have their own reporting deadlines. We encourage you to speak to your Uber and Lyft accident lawyer for assistance when filing the insurance claim promptly.
Call an Oakland Uber or Lyft Accident Attorney Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a rideshare vehicle accident caused by the negligence of another party, reach out to the team at Milanfar Law Firm, PC for help today. We have extensive experience handling complex vehicle accident claims throughout California, and we know what it takes to help clients recover the compensation they need. When you need an Oakland Uber or Lyft accident lawyer, you can reach us for a free consultation of your claim by filling out our contact form or calling us at (925) 433-6003.