Oakland Construction Accident Attorney
Construction workplaces give rise to plenty of opportunities for significant injuries. If you or somebody you care about has been injured while working on the job at a construction site, you can count on the team at Milanfar Law Firm, PC to help you through this. Our Oakland construction accident attorney can examine your claim, conduct a complete investigation, and help you through the insurance settlement or personal injury lawsuit process to recover compensation for your losses.
Why Choose Milanfar Law Firm, PC for Help?
- Our team was founded by an attorney with decades of experience handling a wide range of legal matters.
- We believe in putting the client first, which means you always have access to your attorney when you have questions or concerns about your particular claim.
- We handle Oakland construction accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means clients never worry about legal fees until after we recover the compensation they need. If we do not win, clients do not pay a dime.
Construction Accident Injuries
Information presented by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) shows that approximately 20% of all work-related deaths during the most recent reporting year happened in the construction industry. Those who survive construction accidents often sustain severe injuries that require extensive medical care period some of the most common construction accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord trauma
- Crush injuries
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds
- Fractured or dislocated bones
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
Workers’ Compensation for Construction Injuries
In California, nearly every construction employee is covered by workers’ compensation insurance. When an individual sustains an injury, these benefits will usually cover every medical bill related to the workplace accident. For those who are unable to work while they recover or those who sustain permanent injuries, there will be various types of wage replacement available through workers’ comp.
Third-Party Lawsuits for Construction Injuries
In some cases, it may be necessary to step outside of the workers’ compensation system and file a personal injury lawsuit against an at-fault party. Usually, workers’ compensation laws prevent individuals from filing lawsuits against their employer or coworker, regardless of who caused the incident. However, if any other party aside from an employer was responsible for the incident, it may be possible to file a civil personal injury lawsuit.
This is not uncommon for incidents involving defective products, accidents caused by subcontractors or contractors, or an injury caused by any other third party.
Compensation Available for These Injuries
There may be various types of compensation available for individuals who sustain on-the-job construction accident injuries. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Coverage of all medical bills related to the injury
- Lost wages for a victim if they cannot work
- Property damage expenses
- Assistance with various household out-of-pocket losses
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering damages
Call an Oakland Construction Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one have been injured in a construction accident in the Oakland area, reach out to the team at Milanfar Law Firm, PC for assistance today. We have years of experience handling complex workplace injury claims, and we know what it takes to help clients recover compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. When you need an Oakland construction accident attorney, you can reach us for a free consultation of your claim by filling out our contact form or calling us at (925) 433-6003.